Friday, February 15, 2008

I am Jay's ink stained fingers!

Another piece for Monday Artday's 'favorite book' theme. Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk...a longtime fave. I got to see him read last year, and actually won a signed copy of the book. The audience was given Easter baskets or inflatable moose heads for answering questions or asking questions. I asked him if he'd ever considered writing for kids. (He said he'd love to get "a piece of that Harry Potter money.) As he was answering my question, somebody shouted something, after he had asked for the shouting to cease. He left the stage for a bit, leaving us all thinking that was the end of things. He did come back and finished out the event.

Later in the event, some jerk actually took a call on his cellphone in the middle of one of Chuck's stories. I imagine he was lynched later!

No comments: